The VARTA Charger range focuses on charging times and safety features: The most important features to look at when choosing the right charger for your energy requirements.
VARTA Type 57070
Cell sizes AAA, AA
Systems to charge Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH)
AAA 2 or 4 pieces
AA 2 or 4 pieces
AAA 350 mA
AA 1400 mA 2 A A, 700 mA 4 AA
Mode -Δ v / Temperature / Timer
Temperature fuse 60 °C (140°F)
Fuse location AC / DC adaptor
Wrong polarity protection Electronic
Bad cell detection Electronic
-Blue LCD display
• Power check function
• Charge up to 4 batteries
• 2/4 AA or 2/4 AAA batteries
• Fast charging (2-4 hours)
• Desk charger
• USB - charging (via Laptop, USB cable included)
• Global voltage - worldwide use (100 - 240 V)
• 12 V Car adaptor
• Trickle charge
• Bad cell / Alkaline / wrong polarity detection
• Minus DeltaV
• Temperature control
• Safety Timer - no overcharging
• 3 years guarantee
• Including 4 × AA Ready2Use batteries
• 2h Charging time
Minus Delta V method
• Method which takes advantage of the fact that the cell voltage reduces slightly in a rechargeable battery (- Delta V), as soon as the cell is completely charged.
USB-in function 12 V
Bad cell andamp; alkaline detection
• Contains criteria for switching off to prevent charging of primary cells, defect cells or cells with reverse polarity.
• Prevents the natural self-discharging process of rechargeable cells.
• The temperature of the rechargeable battery is measured whilst it is charging. If this rises above a defined maximum temperature level the charger switches itself off.
• A timer switches off after a specified time irrespective of charging status.